Saturday 27 September 2014

WHERE I WANT TO GO: SOUTH KOREA

Where Do I Want To Go?

KOREA

Korea has always been one of the places I’ve wanted to go to the most.

Why?
First of all, they have best cosmetics and clothing lines
Second, they have the best savoury food!
Third, their traditional housing and clothing is something I totally want to experience.
Lastly, Jeju Islands have one of the best and most beautiful views in South Korea.

Cosmestics, Clothing…SHOPPING!!
  
Cosmetics
In Korea, a lot of people are considered to have natural beauty; flawless and beautiful skin. Though a lot of plastic surgery occurs in Korea, however their cosmetics products are one of the best.

Korean women all strive to have the perfect and most flawless skin. That’s why companies strive to create products that will allow buyers to reach such goals. While also allowing a beautiful appearance, they allow add natural ingredients which are naturally good for the skin to improve their products.


Fashion
Korean fashion isn’t only dainty and cute but also cool and chic. I don’t know what I should say. But no matter what or how I look at the clothes worn by Korean’s i think they are truly fashionable. They have all kinds of kinds of clothing, yet something about their clothing makes it different to that of western countries such as Australia.
  
FOOD
This is definitely what I look forward to the most

Kimchi
Kimchi is definitely one of my most favourite dishes. Even though it is not a proper dish, more so like a snack/side dish. A completely savoury and spicy dish; two of my favourites combined together. It is truly amazing.


Korean BBQ
I’m someone who is completely for meat, I would avoid greens and vegetables when possible. That’s why I love barbecues, even more so I LOVE Korean BBQ. Koreans have the best meat marinade I have ever tasted. I love savoury food and the marinade they make, makes the meat taste extra delicious. Not a mix between sweet and savoury but completely savoury.


TRADITIONAL RITUALS
Hanbok
Just like every culture and race Korea have their own traditional clothing; Hanbok. I think every culture with their traditional clothing is amazing! If possible I would love to travel to every country and try on their traditional clothing. The Hanbok has so many different colours and types, I really want to try it on.


Hanok
Korea have one of the most beautiful traditional housing I’ve ever seen. It’s simply beautiful and unique. I would love to travel to korea and spend a few nights in a Hanok. Even from watching many Korean dramas, the hanok is really amazing; a house that is almost mostly made of wood.


CITIES
Jeju Island

Jeju island is the best place in Korea with the most scenic nature view; beautiful beaches, mountains, resorts and interesting statues. The interest statues are known as Dol hareubang, Stone Grandfather. They are carved from a block of basalt and are found around the island. It’s the islands most distinct culture, I guess you could say it’s Jeju Island’s mascot.

Source: http://www.koreaikultura.hu/attchedFiles/hungarian/hungarian/201112120012[24].gif 

Jeju island is also filled with numerous amazing myths and legends. The most well known is one called Seulmundae Halmang (Grandmother Seulmundae).

Myth:
Grandmother Seolmundae could reach from Seongsan Ilchulbong to Guan Tai island at Aewoi in a single stride, and with two strides to Mount Halla. She was apparently very strong and had 500 children. Being so strong she was able to build Mount Halla with 7 scoops of earth. However, one day she was making soup for her sons while they were hunting, but while they were out she fell into the pot and drowned. When he sons returned home, hungry as a hippo they began to eat the soup, without knowing that their mother had been cooked into it. However, of the 500 sons, the youngest one was the only one to realise and shared the news with the rest of his brothers. In the end, they all turned into 500 stones.

Seoul
The city of Seoul, the capital of South Korea. No matter which country you go to, you should always visit the capital city. That’s where everything happens. A modern yet also traditional city; filled with beautiful architectural buildings. Buildings such as temples and palaces truly showcase the traditional side of the Korea. Seoul also have amazing towers that loom over the city; N Seoul Tower, Tower Palace and Jongno Tower. I truly must experience the modern and traditional side of Korea.


Do you prefer a modern or traditional country?

- Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment